At Coral Covey we use the UK Standard of ring sizing (where each size is represented by a letter, e.g. ‘M’). To order from us, you will need to know your ring size according to the UK Standard sizing. On the page below we offer a conversion table if you know your ring size based on another standard.
Otherwise, there are two relatively simple methods of determining your size. Simply print out our ‘Ring Size Chart’ and follow our instructions below. Please note: it is important that this document is printed at 100% scale so that the physical sizing is correct.
Click here for your printable guide.
Method 1: Measurement of your finger
Use the printed document we have created to measure your finger. Here are some important things to note before measuring:
- Measure your finger at the end of the day.
- Do not measure your finger when it is hot or cold; this can affect your finger’s size.
- Measure between the knuckle and the first joint of the finger (where the ring will sit).
- Measure the finger from the hand which you will use your ring; left and right hands can differ slightly in size.
- Make sure that the chosen size leaves enough room for the ring to pass easily along the entire length of the finger.
- If your measured finger size falls between two sizes, choose the larger size.
- The ring size/geometry can affect the choice of size: wide-band rings can be worn more loosely than a narrower rings.
Method 2: Measurement of an existing ring
Use the printed document as a reference template to measure an existing ring. Here are some important things to note when measuring an existing ring size:
- Align the inside edge of the existing ring with the circle on the chart which most closely matches the ring size. The less printed circle that is visible around the inside of the ring, the better.
- Be mindful of big variations in geometry between the ring being measured and the ring you intend to order. Very wide-band rings are often designed for a slightly looser fit. If possible, use an existing ring that closely matches the overall geometry/style of the ring to be ordered.
Sizing conversion chart
If you have an existing ring size that requires conversion to the UK Standard, then please refer to this chart: